Tired of Reading? Please listen to the blog
MBBS in Guyana at Lower Fees
Joining an MBBS course in a government college is the primary aim of many students who have completed the +12 examination in India. Admission to MBBS is therefore reserved only for those who have scored well in NEET. Every applicant for admission to medical colleges must have cleared the NEET exam. It is a standard requirement whether you apply to a government-run medical college or a private college.
Only the rich can afford to study medicine in private institutions. The fees charged by private medical colleges in India tend to be high. Private medical colleges collect under many different names, but in the end, parents of aspiring medical students foot the bill. Students admitted to government-run medical colleges pay a lesser fee, but all other expenses, such as stay, food, and transportation, remain considerable.
Even wealthy parents with money find it difficult to get admission for their children into a private medical college. The system of earmarking a certain percentage of available seats further makes it difficult to gain access. People with deep pockets will only face problems if they have the proper connection to get their children's admission. Therefore, studying medicine is out of reach for most deserving students who don't have an endless money supply.
How to Become a Medical Doctor without Spending a Fortune?
The excellent news is aspiring medical students can do a doctor of medicine in Guyana offered by Texila American University – College of Medicine (Texila), spending far less. Students appreciate Texila American University because it follows a hassle-free admission procedure and delivers international quality medical education. It outstrips the expensive Indian private college cost of studying medicine. A doctor of treatment is the equivalent of an MBBS in India.
You can start practicing in India after getting an education in Guyana by clearing the MCI (Medical Council of India) process. Most students who have completed the doctor of medicine quickly get through the MCI exams. The high quality of teaching they get at TAU comes in handy to come out victorious.
There are no restrictions whatsoever to becoming a specialist doctor in India. Most doctors advance in their profession by joining postgraduate programs after getting their doctor of medicine degree from Texila. You can also join a fellowship training program offered by Texila American University.
Getting a TAU medical degree is also a convenient route to becoming a doctor in the United States of America. The medical doctor curriculum of Texila University lets you do a clinical rotation in the US. The stepping stone for those who dream about making it big in the US. The course will help you clear USMLE, entitling you to work as a physician or surgeon in the US. You can check the status of TAU for taking the USMLE exam at https://www.wdoms.org/.
Doctor of Medicine Texila Explained
The TAU medical degree is recognized globally, including in India, Guyana, and the Caribbean. The National Accreditation Council of Guyana, the International Association of Universities, and the Association of Commonwealth Universities approve the program. Students from more than 40 countries study for the medical program at TAU.
Texila American University operates in North America, South America, Africa, and Asia through international partnerships. It is a highly-rated university with two campuses, one in Guyana and one in Zambia, one for each of its various educational offerings. The university also collaborates with other institutions to offer graduate, postgraduate, fellowship, and doctoral training through online and campus programs.
The minimum educational qualification required to join the program is a 10+2 pass for applicants from India and Nepal. Higher qualification is not a bar. Applicants can request credits if they have a higher qualification after the 10+2 pass. If you give credits, you can reduce the time it takes to complete the course. Applicants should discuss this early during the application stage.
Applicants are required to pay a registration fee at the time of application. After admission, you can pay annually or in 4 quarterly installments. Applicants can save money when they pay for the entire year in a single go.
TAU offers two intakes per year. The first intake is in March, and the second is in September. Take your time; seats are limited. The institution encourages candidates to apply as early as possible.
Curriculum, a Bird's Eye View
Texila follows best practices in line with international quality prescriptions. There are a few salient features of the Doctor of Medicine Program.
- All Indian students admitted to the program will spend 60 months completing it. It comprises premedical, pre-clinical, and clinical education.
- Indian students undergo internships after they clear the CAMCE licensing exam in Guyana. There are already many Indian students who have earned the exam and moved to internships.
- English is the medium of instruction at TAU, and students write all exams in English. Most people in Guyana speak English. Clinical training for the program is also in English.
Cost Apart, the Guyana Advantage of Medical Education
Advantage of Medical Education: Guyana offers Indians inexpensive medical education. More reasons make it attractive.
- To join a doctor's course in many countries, Indian students require a favorable IELTS/TOEFL score to apply. In Guyana, you don't have to spend time and money on it. Another advantage is you can work as a doctor in Guyana itself.
- Medical qualification (MBBS Equivalent) in Guyana is 40 to 50% lower than in India. The estimated cost of doing an MBBS in a private college in India is upward of ₨ 6,400,000 (It can vary from one college to another). In Guyana, it is around ₨ 4,500,000 or lesser. Multiple factors will determine the actual cost.
- Texila follows a hassle-free admission process. It is transparent and free from unethical practices. It also makes it easier for aspiring students to apply for education loans from banks at competitive interest rates.
- You will get more value for the money you spend in Guyana. Guyana's George Town Texila Campus living cost is much cheaper than comparable Indian college campuses. Add to it the international experience, the better quality of accommodation, and an opportunity to do a clinical rotation in the USA, and you get more bang for your buck.