Tired of Reading? Please listen to the blog
The CSEC examination marks the conclusion of the secondary education level for students in the Caribbean countries. The exam tests students in various proficiency levels. The results of this exam can be a turning point for the candidates.
You can learn more about the examination on the Caribbean Examinations Council’s official website.
We are here to talk about something exciting today.
Texila American University started a scholarship initiative aimed at helping and benefitting the students of Guyana. As a part of the said initiative, TAU awarded a full-tuition pre-medical scholarship to Ms. Kelly Sankar. She is one of the top ten CSEC performers in 2021.
Ms. Kelly Sankar is a student of Region Two’s Anna Regina Multilateral Secondary. She scored 16-grade ones and 4-grade twos in the CSEC exam 2021.
This scholarship is TAU's way of promoting Ms. Kelly's ambition to pursue medical studies. She expressed her interest in the field and our university. This is how we show appreciation toward her excellent performance in the CSEC examination.
Here is the official statement released by TAU regarding the scholarship.
- In line with its commitment to contribute to the development of Guyana’s tertiary education sector, Texila American University (TAU) has offered a scholarship to one of Guyana’s top performers in the recently concluded CSEC/CAPE examinations.
- Ms. Kelly Sankar, who opted to pursue the Doctor of Medicine Program at TAU's College of Medicine, achieved sixteen (16) grade ones and four (4) grade twos at the CSEC/CAPE examinations.
- TAU has awarded Ms. Sankar a full-tuition Pre-Medical Scholarship in recognition of her outstanding performance in its continuing efforts to ensure that talented Guyanese students are given equal access to quality education.
- The Chief Education Officer awarded the scholarship to Ms. Sankar at a brief ceremony on November 15th, 2021, at Texila’s Providence Campus.
- Commenting on TAU's scholarship initiative, Founder and President Mr. Saju Bhaskar noted, "Texila has always been about diversity and inclusion and one way we can ensure that everyone has access to university is by financially supporting those who may have unique personal circumstances." Mr. Bhaskar added, "We are proud to welcome Ms. Sankar to the TAU family and we must also commend the Ministry of Education for preparing students to excel in academia."
- The provision of scholarships forms a part of Texila’s long-term commitment to upholding equity in education. Over the years, TAU has collaborated with several public and private sector entities, including the Office of the First Lady, to offer full and partial medical scholarships for eligible students from all backgrounds.
We wish Ms. Kelly Sankar all the best in all her future endeavors. We also hope to see her graduate and become a world-renowned physician.
Ms. Kelly Sankar received the scholarship from the hands of the Chief Education Officer in a ceremony at TAU’s Providence Campus.