Tired of Reading? Please listen to the blog
Guyana, a captivating country known for its breathtaking landscapes and pleasant climate, provides immense opportunities for Indian students pursuing an MBBS education. Multiple colleges in Guyana serve as gateways to obtaining an MBBS degree. The government offers enticing financial aids, scholarships, loans, and free lodging to encourage Indian students to study abroad. Recent changes in visa regulations have made it easier for international students to apply for MBBS admission in Guyana. Completing their studies in four years and earning an MD degree from the University of Guyana, Indian students can fulfill their dreams of studying medicine abroad. This article serves as a comprehensive resource, providing detailed information on studying medicine in Guyana, along with necessary admission documents.
Pursuing Higher Studies abroad always delights youngsters. Studying abroad allows visit a new country and make new friends from across the globe. However, having said this, pursuing studies abroad is not easy as the financial constraints act as a bottleneck.
Acquiring quality education at a cheaper cost is what every parent and student yearn for. Succinctly, Quality and Affordable education are what delights everyone. Getting MBBS admission abroad is a challenging task for Indian students.
As the cost of living in countries like the USA and UK are exorbitant, the Indian students are looking for other English-Speaking Nations. This post attempts to explore the best place to pursue MBBS abroad for Indian Students.
With this pretext, if we explore Guyana, it is a nature's paradise nation situated on the North Atlantic coast of South America. This country has a cosmopolitan outlook with English-Speaking, Cricket, and Calypso music-loving citizens. It has an ambiance of a globalized environment welcoming students from all parts of the globe.
Guyana's official language is English, and it is employed in Government official communications and is also the medium of education. Moreover, Guyana is blessed by nature as it houses a thick rainforest that is to date unexplored.
The capital city, Georgetown, is famous for British architecture, which comprises tall timbers with paintings, St. George's Anglican Cathedral. The city houses a clock denoting the exterior of Stabroek Market. BBC has aired a program called Lost Land of the Jaguar, showcasing the unexplored rainforests of Guyana.
Pursuing MBBS in the USA
The USA, being the Land of Opportunities, provides aspirants of Medicine or MBBS with many opportunities. Particularly from Indians' point of view, pursuing MBBS in the USA has its advantages. So here are important ones for those aspiring for MBBS admission abroad:
Advantages: Pursuing MBBS in the USA
- The most important advantage is that Indian students graduating from USA universities need not take up Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE) to practice in India. The Medical Council of India (MCI) recognizes USA MBBS directly.
- Research reports say Job prospects growth for Physicians or Doctors in the USA is above the average growth for any other profession.
- The average annual salary of Medical practitioners is above the average salary of other professions.
The duration of MBBS in the USA is of 5 Years. The first one and half year candidates complete B.S, Gets MD Qualification in 4 Years, and becomes Resident Doctor in last 3-5 years.
Entrance Exams and Eligibility Criteria
- Students should have passed the 12th and 10th standard
- The MCAT entrance exam score for all students and also the NEET exam score (for Indian Students)
- English Proficiency score (IELTS or TOEFL)
MBBS in the USA Fees
- Pursuing a BS degree requires 20,000 USD to 50,000 USD (Rs. 14.52 Lakhs to Rs.36.31 Lakhs) per annum.
- To pursue an MD program requires 18,442 USD to 64,984 USD per annum (Rs. 13.39 Lakh to Rs.47.20 Lakh) per annum.
Advantages: Pursuing MBBS in Guyana
Exploring MBBS admission abroad provides us much information about opportunities Indian students have through study medicine in Guyana. MBBS admission abroad requires detailed analysis. As mentioned earlier, affordability is the bottle-neck for Indian students planning to pursue MBBS in the USA. Moreover, in addition to the NEET entrance exam, they have to take up the MCAT exam.
Whereas studying MBBS at Guyana is more affordable, and there is no compromise on the quality of education, Universities at Guyana are all Medical Council of India and WHO approved. The Government of Guyana spends 8.3% of its GDP on the Educational sector. Here is a quick snapshot of the advantages of MBBS admission abroad that is Guyana for Indian students.
- Admission based on NEET Entrance Exams only no need of MCAT or another entrance exam
- TOEFL or IELTS English Proficiency score not required
- The medium of Instruction: English
- MCI and WHO approved courses
- Low Cost of Living
- Affordable Educational Fees
The approximate fees structure is here:
- Minimum Course Fees: 2000 USD (Rs.1.45 Lakh) Per Year
- Maximum Course Fees: 11000 USD (Rs.7.99 Lakh) Per Year
- Quality Clinical Rotations offered
- Employment Opportunities galore
- Nature Blessed country to explore
- Availability of Indian Food
- All universities equipped with State-of-art Infrastructure
- The hostel accommodations are of good standards.
- The Medical Universities at Guyana provide not only good academic ambiance but also sports facilities.
- The Government hospitals in Guyana are known for offering practical training to interns.
Eligibility Criteria and Course Details
|Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
|50% Score in 10 +2 with core subjects (Physics, Chemistry & Biology)
|MCI & WHO
|TOEFL & IELTS Score
On researching about the topic ‘MBBS in abroad for Indian students’ tera-bytes of data emerge. Studying medicine in Guyana is a good opportunity for Indian students aspiring to graduate as MBBS professionals.
The Indian youngsters are keen on pursuing higher studies abroad. However, many of them give up the idea as their parents cannot afford to pay for their course fees and stay expenses in countries like the USA or the UK. In this context, the Universities' quality education in Guyana, too, in the English Language provides the Indian students a better avenue to pursue their dream course in MBBS or MD Abroad.
In a nutshell, MBBS in abroad for Indian students seems to be a more realistic dream with top universities in Guyana like Lincoln American Universit, Georgetown American University, Greenheart Medical University, American International School of Medicine (AISM), Rajiv Gandhi University of Science and Technology, University of Guyana, Texila American University, Georgetown offering affordable quality MBBS education for Indian Students.