Tired of Reading? Please listen to the blog
- Why a Bachelor’s Degree Is Important to Pursue a Master of Business Administration?
Are you planning to pursue a master of business administration (MBA)? You cannot enroll for an MBA degree in Guyana without a bachelor’s degree. You need to hold a bachelor’s degree under any disciple from one of the recognized universities to apply for an MBA course.
Why a Bachelor’s Degree Is Important to Pursue a Master of Business Administration?
Pursuing a master’sin business administration without a bachelor’s degree is not possible anywhere across the globe. For a candidate to understand business practices, he should need technical expertise. It would be a waste of resources to learn about a management process without having a basic understanding of the process in hand. Moreover, any reputed institute would request the candidates to have a bachelor’s degree to pursue a master’s in business administration. Thus, a bachelor’s degree is vital for an MBA degree.
What Is the Qualification to Study an MBA Degree?
The basic qualification for enrolling in an MBA degreeis a bachelor’s degree in any disciple. The study who registers for any one of the master of business administration courses should comply with the standard rules and requirements of each institute. The basic requirement might vary from one institute to another. The candidate must allocate time for taking up the classes, projects, and other study sessions.
Do I Need a Bachelor’s in Business Administration to Pursue an MBA Degree?
For enrolling in an MBA course, any reputed institute offering business administration courses would request a bachelor’s degree, not specifically BBA. However, from an industry requirement point of view, holding a business administration background would allow you to grasp the research and theoretical concepts easier. It would be more advantageous for your management career to have BBA and MBA degrees, as your current job would act like on-the-job training experience.
Benefits of Doing an MBA Course Part-Time
Around 69% of Latin American companies plan to hire graduates with an MBA degree. So, it is a great choice to choose a business administration master's program for your career. Which is the right way to study an MBA course?
There are different types of MBA programs available in Latin America, like full-time MBA, part-time MBA, online MBA, and executive MBA. No one method is far superior to another when it comes to MBA courses. If you are currently working, the flexible way to get a business administration master's is by choosing a part-time MBA course. Here are some of the advantages of choosing a part-time MBA degree.
- If you choose to study business administration courses while working, the part-time courses will provide more time flexibility.
- Some part-time MBA courses require lesser credit hours to complete the course than full-time. However, it would not be as simple as a BBA course.
- Some employers offer to reimburse a part or whole of tuition fees for their employees. If you have such an option, it would be an added advantage.
- Candidates with a bachelor’s degree can apply for management jobs. Those candidates can apply the concepts they learn in MBA courses in their job.
- Part-time courses are less stressful due to the flexible curriculum and lower price than full-time programs.
- Part-time master of business administration allows you to have a career change without moving from your job. It is much easier to get a managerial promotion with an MBA degree.
- It helps you to outshine competitors in the workplace, thereby increasing your value to the company. It also helps to improve your pay.
- A management employee undergoing an MBA course has higher chances of better promotion and job security.
- A part-time MBA allows you to earn as you learn.
- A full-time master of business administration requires numerous standards, constraints, and others for admission, entrance, and so on. It is far easier to get admission to a past-time MBA course than a full-time course. All you need is a bachelor’s degree of any disciple (not necessarily a BBA degree).
- Part-time MBA programs bring you closer to similar people in the different or same industry. It helps you to widen your network. Networking is essential if you wish to become an extraordinary managerial candidate.
The part-time business management courses might be flexible, but it is not a pass-time activity. The candidate has to put in the effort to take classes, complete assignments, projects, and others. Lethargic views towards the course might be counter-productive and stress-inducing.
Opportunities in Guyana
What are the opportunities out in the market for those who complete an MBA degree? The job market in the Caribbean region, especially growing economies (like Guyana), has a very high demand. Some of the top sectors looking for candidates with business management courses are oil and gas, ICT and technology, consumer products, Airlines, services, hospitality, and so on. It is crucial to choose the right elective based on the sector you wish a career in the future.
In MBA, you need to choose the right specialization that suits your goals. If you choose electives in HR management,you cannot expect job growth in the finance sector or operations department. Following are a few in-demand MBA specializations:
- General Management
- Human Resource Management
- Strategic Management
- Project Management
The demand for MBA candidates will soon rise in Guyana, as more than 100 USA companies are in the queue to invest in several sectors of Guyana. Guyana’s economy for 2020 has an86% growth prediction, and thus, the demand for MBA candidates will rise in the future.
Take up a Part-Time MBA Degree at Texila American University, Guyana
While choosing a platform for your MBA degree, selecting a reliable institute is vital. If you are planning to study at an elite school, it is best to choose the Texila American University of Guyana. Here are the top reasons why it is the right choice.
- BRICS Learning Methodology
TAU follows a unique BRICS methodology for teaching online courses. The BRICS method is a specialized online training program in which the curriculum is in blocks, allowing students to learn concepts one at a time for a more concentrated learning process.
TAU also offers contextual projects and research-based learning programs to bring textbook concepts to real-time scenarios. This contemporary training process allows students to gain the ability to understand market scenarios, create strategies, and find solutions instead of just remembering theories and numbers. After all, an MBA degree is not about memorizing facts, but the training to implement those facts to make a decision.
Another critical element of BRICS is interactive learning with a mentor-student support group. It facilitates the students to get more access to resources beyond just textbooks and assigned study material. The market is very volatile, and it is vital to be up-to-date. The trainers at TAU consistently bring out case studies, scenarios, and market facts to incorporate textbook concepts into actual business lessons.
- International Standard Curriculum
Students from more than 70 different countries access MBA course information every year. Thus, TAU maintains an international-standard curriculum. Such a curriculum will allow the students to compete in a global market and not just in Guyana or Latin America. In today’s world of globalization, companies expect globally ready candidates.
- Dedicated Academic Coordinators
Anyone can provide study materials or books based on the curriculum. However, it takes experts to consolidate information about the theory, real-time examples, scenarios, and more. TAU brings forward an interactive learning platform, where non-management students learn the basics, along with the advanced concepts of the MBA curriculum. Students can work hand-in-hand with the mentor through any communication channel to get the best out of this program.
- Access to Online Learning Material
TAU offers numerous digital platforms and libraries to allow students to access a wide range of materials. A couple of books for each subject in every semester is not enough for this information-hungry market. Thus, TAU makes an immense effort to bring high-quality information in an easy-access platform for all candidates.
- Interactive Sessions and Webinar
TAU curriculum is not just for theory-based learning with case-studies and books. The programs allow weekly discussions, student-mentor and student-student discussions, and more. Such an interaction is essential to gain a big-picture perspective of each concept. TAU caters to students from different countries, and these discussions will allow students to open their minds to various economies, cultures, and business sectors. Every discussion will be under the guidance of the mentor.
The live-learning concept gives a unique advantage to TAU students, as it enables them to understand the concept, apply it to the real world, and learn from the recent developments. Such interactive training is possible with the informative webinars, where the students learn with updated articles, reviews, and case studies, instead of century-old theories and concepts. Every session has online activities, assignments, and others to assess the students.
Only if you choose your institute right, your MBA degree is your ticket to a successful career. For such an education, become a part of TAU.